Butch, the Cover Dog EAN 682759
Size: 8 inches
the 1940’s The Saturday Evening Post introduced a character that would
capture the hearts of the nation– a black and white cocker spaniel named
“Butch.” Created by artist Albert Staehle, Butch appeared on the
magazine’s cover more than two dozen times. So it was only natural that
Steiff would produce a toy version of the character. First manufactured
in 1958 only, Butch makes his return in 2014. He’s made from the finest
mohair plush using archival patterns. Like the original, Butch features
brown “googly” eyes and a hand painted coat. Whether you remember his
first appearance or are a brand new fan, Butch is sure to bring you
years of happiness. NOT A TOY. Intended for adult collectors.
• Collection: North American Exclusive
• Edition size (year): 1500 pieces (2014)
• Material: Made of finest mohair
• Size: 8 inches
• Color: Black/white
• Ear tag: White tag; gold-plated "Button in Ear" with elephant motif
• Joints & Pose:1-way jointed
• Sound device: None
• Care: Surface washable
• Made in Germany
• NOT A TOY. Intended for adult collectors.
Condition: New - MIB. We are a smoke free establishment.